Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday




For the Broke and the Bookish Top Ten Tuesday, I'm listing the top ten authors whose books I own the most of in my book collection. If I really like a book, I want to see everything that author has done. It's the same for me with music and films.


My list of authors:

Agatha Christie
I've been reading Agatha Christie's books for years. I still have a ways to go to get through all her books, but it is a fun reading goal.

Daphne du Maurier
I read Rebecca for the first time when I was in high school, and I've read it several times since then. To be honest, I enjoy reading her books, but nothing has compared to Rebecca.

Carolyn Keene
Because I just can't bear to part with my old Nancy Drew books!

Marian Keyes
She tells a great story. Rachel's Holiday was the first book of hers that I read.

Wallace Stegner
Crossing to Safety is one of my all time favorite books. I have a way of returning to this and several of Stegner's novels and short stories.

Mary Stewart
Stewart's work is a new interest of mine. Last year, I read The Ivy Tree and loved it. She's another author whose novels I keep coming across at book sales, so I have collected a fair number of them.

Eudora Welty
Whether it's novels or short stories, I love everything she has written.

Mary Wesley
She was more popular probably twenty years ago, and she wrote interesting World War II era fiction. There are still a few I haven't read. I love that she found success when she was in her seventies.

Edith Wharton
She does what all good writers can do--make me feel like I've stepped back into another place and time.

Virginia Woolf
The first book of hers that I read was To the Lighthouse, and I was hooked.

Who is on your list of authors?

6 comments:

  1. This was such a fun prompt this week! Agatha Christie made it onto my list--I haven't read any of her books in years but I just can't seem to get rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by--this was a fun list to make this week!

      Delete
  2. You seem to own a lot of the classics! My book club read Crossing to Safety this year and I thought it was ok, but probably didn't love it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! I do have a lot of classics. In fact, making this list made me see just how many! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. I don't know Marian Keyes or Mary Wesley so I'll have to look into them. I've read some of your others but not so much. This has been a great way to discover new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this week's topic, it's thrown up such interesting responses and I agree with Lory above, it's really helped me discover new authors!

    ReplyDelete