Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: I Need To Read More Books by These Authors


Happy Tuesday! I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday at the Broke and The Bookish where the task is to name the top ten authors I've only read one book from but need to read more. With the exception of Jojo Moyes and Maggie O'Farrell, the authors on my list will look familiar if you visited my blog before. In no particular order, here is my list:

1. I read Me Before You a couple of years ago and found it very moving, as did a lot of people. Since then, I've managed to pick up several of Moyes' books at book sales, but I haven't gotten around to reading any of them.

2. I read Euphoria earlier in the year and really loved it, and I'd like to read more by Lily King.

3. Apple Tree Yard was not one of my favorite books, but I would like to try another of Louise Doughty's books. 

4. Patricia Highsmith was such a prolific author. The only book I've read of hers is Carol, but I'd love to read some of the Tom Ripley novels and her short stories.

5. A couple of years ago, I read The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell. It made me curious about her other books, and I have The Hand That First Held Mine on my bedside table. 

6. Vera Brittain is most famous for Testament of Youth, and it's an amazing book. But she wrote other books, and one I want to read is Brittain's book about her friend, the novelist Winifred Holtby, entitled Testament of Friendship.

7. I recently reviewed Eleanor Moran's The Last Time I Saw You and loved the book which has made me want to read more of her books.

8. Return of the Soldier by Rebecca West was quite short and didn't give me enough of a taste of Rebecca West's writing, so I'm looking forward to reading more of her work. 

9. This Side of Paradise was not an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel I connected with, but I'd like to try some of his later work to see how it compares.

10. Like Fitzgerald, Bonjour Tristesse is an early work of Francoise Sagan. I'd like to read some of her later work to see what it's like. 

What authors are on your list? Also, if you have any recommendations for the authors in my list, I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment