Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten New-To-Me Authors of 2014


Hello! It's time for Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish. The task is to round up a list of the top ten authors I read in 2014 that were new to me. The list includes links to reviews of the books I read that got me hooked on their work:

Vera Brittain

Sophie Hannah

Patricia Highsmith

Lily King

Eleanor Moran

Frances Partridge

Barbara Pym

Francoise Sagan

Elizabeth Taylor (British novelist)

Dorothy West

Which authors did you choose for your list?

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see Barbara Pym! I plan to read Lily King in 2015, have an Elizabeth Taylor novel on my shelf, and added Dorothy West to my wish list after your review. Think I'm going to have to put my list together now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on my list, too. I have more Barbara Pym and Elizabeth Taylor lined up! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I need to give Lily King a shot - I hear Euphoria was great!

    Here's my list: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/top-ten-tuesday/top-ten-tuesday-a-month-of-favorites-top-ten-new-to-me-author-discoveries/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Euphoria! It made me want to read more of her books.Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of any of the authors in this list but I'm definitely going to check them out on Goodreads. Thanks for adding some recommendations to my TBR pile :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of but haven't read any of the authors from your list. I really want to try Patricia Highsmith and Sophie Hannah, they sound great. My TTT list is here if you want to check it out:

    http://nishitak.com/2014/12/09/top-ten-tuesdays-ten-great-authors-i-discovered-in-2014/

    ReplyDelete