Monday, January 12, 2015

Back to the Classics Challenge--I'm In!

Hello! I'm taking part in the Back to the Classics Challenge over at Books and Chocolate. My list of books is below:


1. A Nineteenth Century Classic. Persuasion by Jane Austen
2. A 20th Century Classic. Sanctuary by William Faulkner
3. A Classic by a Woman Author. Night and Day by Virginia Woolf
4. A Classic in Translation. Indiana by George Sand
5. A Very Long Classic Novel. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
6. A Classic Novella. Broderie Anglaise by Violet Trefusis
7. A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. Madame de Treymes by Edith Wharton
8. A Humorous or Satirical Classic. Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh
9. A Forgotten Classic. Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym
10. A Nonfiction Classic. Frederick the Great by Nancy Mitford
11. A Classic Children's Book. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
12. A Classic Play. I'm going to read several one act plays from the 1950s by Texas playwright, Horton Foote.

Also, this month I'm participating in the Sister Carrie Readalong over at Care's Online Book Club

I hope all is going well with your reading. Are you planning to join in any challenges this year?

4 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the diversity in everyone's lists of classics. The only two of these I have read are Persuasion and Anne of Green Gables (love both). I'm in the challenge too but have yet to start on any of my choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time to participate, so I'm looking forward to getting started. Will look forward to reading your reviews of your selections!

      Delete
  2. Hi Monica! I've just signed up for this challenge as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lily--thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll look forward to reading your reviews of your selections.

      Delete