Monday, March 16, 2015

Quotography Monday

If you've had a chance to look around here, it should come as no surprise that I love a literary quote. I have several books full of them--that's how much I love quotes. kelley at the World Goes Ever On told me about her Quotography feature on Mondays. Kelley provides words as inspiration. Awhile back, I noticed that a possibility for today was trapping, and I've included a quote below from William Cowper. 

The photo comes from part of a page from a leather bound notebook that I got years ago in a dusty London secondhand bookshop. The notebook is very old, and it has all kinds of poems and thoughts that someone so carefully put down in this book. I couldn't leave it behind.

And with poetic trappings grace thy prose.
William Cowper, The Task, Bk. v, 1. 679

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I couldn't think of anything so I did the word thaw. Thanks for playing along. That was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley. It was challenging to find a quote with the word trapping, but it was a fun challenge!

      Delete