Monday, March 2, 2015

Welcome, March


March came in with ice and snow in my neck of the woods, but I'm glad that we're getting closer to spring. Here are a few literary quotes about March:


Ah, March! we know thou art
Kind hearted, spite of ugly looks and threat,
And, out of sight, art nursing April's violets!
Helen Hunt Jackson, March.

Now are the winds about us in their glee, 
Tossing the slender tree;
Whirling the sands bout his curious car,
March cometh from afar.
William Gilmore Simms, Song in March

Up from the sea the wild north wind is blowing
Under the sky's gray arch;
Smiling, I watch the shaken elm boughs,
knowing
It is the wind of March.
J.G. Whittier, March.

3 comments:

  1. Monica, you have such lovely images on your blog. I really love this one. Sorry no Tuesday post, but it's too frustrating trying to post from an iPad using Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quotes. I play a meme on monday's called "quotography" where I pair literary quotes with photo's I take. If you'd ever like to join me that would be nice. Here is a link to my quotography posts. kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley, sorry for the late reply! Although I missed today, I'd love to join in on quotography. Thanks so much for the invitation!

      Delete