Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Salutations


I always enjoy reading everyone's Sunday posts, so I thought I'd try a post looking back on the week in my life and on the blog.

In My Life . . . 

It's been a crazy week where I've had to take a deep breath. On Tuesday, I managed to stumble and ended up with a broken bone in my foot. (I'm still mad at myself!) I'll be wearing an unsightly boot on my foot that goes all the way up to my knee and using crutches.  Ugh!

It's been a time for reflection about slowing down and doing things in different ways. My husband and I planned a trip to northeast Texas to visit my family, and my doctor told me it would be okay. Wheelchair assistance at the airport is a great thing. So, I'm at my mother's house for the next two weeks which is good because my mother always makes me feel better.

On the Blog . . .

On Monday, I continued with my selections for the Back to the Classics Challenge with Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym.

My First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro post was about The Moviegoer by Walker Percy.

I love literary quotes and couldn't resist sharing some Words on the Month of May.

My Friday Zen post was this painting.

Reading this past week . . .

Not much to report, but I managed to finish Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married by Marian Keyes. It will be a selection for a mini-review soon.

Currently reading/listening to . . .

I've started two novellas, Jacob's Room by Virginia Woolf and Voyage in the Dark by Jean Rhys.

On deck are books by the usual suspects in my reading these days, Nancy Mitford and Elizabeth Taylor. 

In my audio book world, I've started Sylvester by Georgette Heyer, narrated by he of the lovely voice, actor Richard Armitage.

Looking forward to . . .

Actually, what I look forward to the most for the next two weeks is time to read and work on my blog. I'll be seeing family and friends but mostly trying to keep the activity level low so my foot will heal.

Also, I'm planning to catch up on the podcast Home Front, a BBC Radio 4 drama about life during World War I in the British town of Folkestone. I really enjoy this drama, but I'm way behind on episodes.

In the future, I'm hoping to check out the Vanessa Bell exhibit at the Museum for Women in the Arts in Washington, DC.

I hope that you've had a great week, and happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your Sunday Salutations... great title! So sorry to hear about your foot (and the ugly boot). Time with family is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn! And yes, time with family is good.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your foot! Glad your trip didn't have to be postponed and now maybe your Mom can pamper you a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay! Being pampered by Mom has been great, and I'm feeling much better.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, your poor foot! Here's to having time to rest, read and recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lory, for the good wishes! I'm feeling much better than I was a few days ago!

      Delete