Monday, June 15, 2015

Disclaimer by Renée Knight


This has been a hard review to write because I don't want to reveal too much because Disclaimer by Renée Knight is such a great book. The premise hooked me right away. Successful documentary filmmaker Catherine Ravenscroft and her husband Robert have moved into a new home. One night, she finds a book on her bedside table, The Perfect Stranger, which depicts a story of an event that happened twenty years ago, something Catherine thought was a secret. From the ending of the The Perfect Stranger, it's clear that the author wants her dead. But before that, he wants to ruin Catherine's seemingly well ordered life.

I loved the writing of Disclaimer and the way the plot is constructed. Like any good psychological thriller, all is not as it appears. Catherine will learn who the author is, how the book appeared in her home, and why. Along the way, Catherine's life and the villain's life become entwined as they must face the truth of the secret and deal with the fallout in their own lives.

If you love good psychological thrillers, you'll enjoy Disclaimer. The book kept me reading late into the night!

Have you read Disclaimer?

2 comments:

  1. I have this one on my Kindle and will read it at some point. I definitely want to. However, I might wait a bit. I'm thinking of maybe a fall devoted to psychological thrillers, ghosties, Jack the Ripper, all kinds of things that go bump in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete