Tuesday, June 30, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros: Angels by Marian Keyes


Happy Tuesday on this last day of June! Today, I'm participating in First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea, where book bloggers share a bit about what they're reading or thinking of reading soon.

I'm making my way through Marian Keyes' books about the Walsh sisters. Angels is on my summer reading list, and it's the story of Maggie Walsh.

The first paragraph:

"I'd always lived a fairly blameless life. Up until the day I left my husband and then ran away to Hollywood, I'd hardly ever put a foot wrong. Not one that many people knew about, anyway. So when, out of the blue, everything just disintegrated like wet paper, I couldn't shake a wormy suspicion that this was long overdue. All that clean living simply isn't natural."

What do you think? Would you keep reading?


6 comments:

  1. I haven't yet read this author, but I have one of her books on my Kindle...this one sounds really tempting! I like the image of everything disintegrating like wet paper.

    Here's mine: “CATCHING AIR”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed other books by this author, so I'm sure I'd like one too. I like "...I'd hardly ever put a foot wrong. Not that many people knew about..." Funny! Sounds like a character I'd like to get to know better!
    My Tuesday post features SERENA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read anything by Marian Keyes before. I do like the opening. Sometimes when things are going right--seemingly too right--I start expecting something bad to happen. Sounds like she wasn't looking for the bad though as it came out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun book for summer Monica. I would read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book and my friend is a huge Marian Keyes fan and keep urges me to try one - maybe this is the place to start?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really funny. Made me laugh. Clean living is not natural.lol.

    ReplyDelete