Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Salutations


Welcome to Sunday Salutations!

I'm still resting my foot, and to be honest, I'm getting tired of all the resting. With the amount of rain we've had, it's been perfect reading weather. And with a long weekend from work, I've been enjoying several books. 

Reading . . .

This week, I completed:




Today, I'm reading:



This past week on the blog:

A Review of Disclaimer by Renée Knight

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros Post

My blog turned one! Thoughts on my blogging anniversary

Friday Moment of Zen

Summer Reading Plans

Coming up this week . . .

Besides my usual weekly posts on Tuesday and Friday, I'm planning a couple of reviews. Also, there are several authors whose work I want to read all of, and I'll be talking about some of these authors.

Looking forward to . . .

Tomorrow, I'm going to see Testament of Youth, which I mentioned last week, the film based on the memoir of Vera Brittain. So excited!

Tonight, on the PBS station here, Poldark begins. I'm also curious about another show that premieres tonight on PBS called The Crimson Field about a group of nurses working in a field hospital on the coast of France during World War I. Have you seen either of these shows? 

I hope that you've had a good week and that you have a great Father's Day!

What are your reading plans for this upcoming week?

5 comments:

  1. I think I missed hearing about your foot, but hope u are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember loving I Captured the Castle, but have been hesitant to read We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. Will be curious to hear what you think Hope your foot is improving with all the rest... can see how that would get old after so long though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes, JoAnn! I absolutely love I Capture the Castle and haven't been able to put it down!

      Delete
  3. I hope your foot is healing nicely. I enjoyed the Harold Fry book and I Capture the Castle.

    ReplyDelete