Thursday, July 9, 2015

Paris in July: Literary Quotes About Paris


Bonjour! I'm participating at Paris in July over at Thyme for Tea. Last year, I had a fun time putting together a post with literary quotes about Paris, so I thought it would be fun to do it again this year. These beautiful stock images are from Pixabay. Allons-y!

"To know Paris is to know a great deal."
Henry Miller (1891-1980)

"A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and the point of life."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

"When good Americans die they go to Paris."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"Respirer Paris, cela conserve l'âme."
("Breathe Paris in, it nourishes the soul.")
Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Do you have a favorite quote about Paris?

8 comments:

  1. I love these photos and quotes - they are fantastic! My favorite is the one about London - its spot on! What a great way to celebrate Paris in July!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! Love how you've found just the right image for each quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes, thank you for sharing...and photos to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the images and quotes, wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love these. Especially about breathing in Paris. That's what I feel like I'm doing this month during Paris in July!

    http://www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatuiful and eligant qutes of an elegant city. I think I love most jefferesons quote... But one of my all time favourites is from my all time favourite movie Sabrina - 'Paris is always a good idea!'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, are these your photos? They are spectacular. I love the black and white. And my favorite quote is the same as Tamara's -- Paris is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete