Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Salutations


I hope that you're enjoying the holiday weekend! My July 4th was low key because I'm still having to take it easy with my foot. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday, but it didn't stop the fireworks. 

Looking back at June . . .


These are the books I completed in June. I had a fantastic month in reading, the best in recent memory. While I'd like to attribute this to my discipline and diligence, having to keep the weight off my foot gave me an excellent reason to catch up on reading.  

This past week . . .

I didn't take part in Top Ten Tuesday where readers talked about the the best ten books they've read over this year, but I wanted to share my top five favorites so far this year (in no particular order):

Disclaimer by Renee Knight. A great psychological thriller.

The Wedding Group by Elizabeth Taylor. Elizabeth Taylor is becoming one of my favorites writers. 

Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh. A wonderful satire.

All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews. Moving and sometimes funny story of two sisters. 

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. I haven't reviewed this book on the blog yet, but I loved it. 

I completed these books this week:

Also, I had an opportunity to watch two films that were both delightful:



How has your week been? What have you been reading?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the movie recommendations, I've added Romantics Anonymous to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Disclaimer as well as the Highsmith book - need to try those. hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had an excellent June! Midnight in Paris is a favorite... definitely need to watch it again sometime this month.

    ReplyDelete