Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Salutations


Hi there! I hope that you've had a good week. It seems like another month continues to fly by . . .

Last week, the x-rays on my foot showed that the bone is 90% healed, so I was able to get rid of the pesky boot. I still have to be careful and take "essential steps" only for the next several weeks, but it feels great to be able to move more.  

On the blog this week . . .

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros featured The Cornish Coast Murder

My Paris in July post featured a review of Indiana by George Sand

A review of My First Time in Hollywood by Cari Beauchamp

The Friday painting had a Paris theme

This week in reading . . . 

I completed two books that couldn't be more different, and I liked them both. 



Books in progress . . .



Looking forward to . . .

This week, I'm hoping to see this delightful looking film with Ian McKellen, Mr. Holmes.

And I'm still enjoying Poldark.

How about you? What are you reading? How is your summer going?

3 comments:

  1. So happy for your good news! Please be careful not to overdo it too soon :)

    I read The House in Paris several years ago, but have not managed to get back to Elizabeth Bowen yet.

    The photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about your foot and 'kicking' the boot to the curb! Want to read both books that you finished. Look forward to your thoughts on them. They are definitely different from each other. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your foot is well on the mend Monica. Circling the Sun sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete