Monday, August 10, 2015

Sunday Salutations: The Belated Edition


Hello and welcome to this belated edition of Sunday Salutations!

I'm happy to report that my doctor told me that I can stop taking it easy and start working on walking a little more (five minutes a day to start with this week). It's been a challenge not to overdo it! 

This weekend, the weather was fabulous, and my husband and I enjoyed a local peach festival with great barbecue, wonderful peach cobbler and ice cream, fantastic live music, and interesting conversation. 

This week has been full of reading and catching up on murder mysteries like Midsomer Murders and Miss Marple (with the wonderful Joan Hickson). 

There is some unfinished business concerning July, and I wanted to take a look back at what I read last month:


This past week, I finished these books:



Recently on the blog:

August Rain . . .

A review of Hons and Rebels by Jessica Mitford

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros featured The Sleeping Beauty by Elizabeth Taylor

A review of Death of an Airman by Christopher St. John Sprigg

Have A Lovely Weekend painting

I'm trying to decide what to read next. There are so many books I want to read, it's a bit daunting. At the moment, I'm leaning toward Airs Above the Ground by Mary Stewart which is set in Corfu. 

On the horizon is a trip next month to the Hudson River Valley in New York state. It's always fun to have something to look forward to, and the planning is half the fun.

I hope that your reading is going well. What are your reading plans for this week?

4 comments:

  1. Great news about your foot progress.

    You've really read some great sounding books over the last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the go ahead to exercise more! I'm always chomping at the bit for that!

    And - I loved Circling the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your foot! Take it easy. Know that will be hard. And do read Airs Above the Ground. I haven't read it in years, so you read it for me. LOL

    Peach cobbler. Yum! Our peaches are about gone here. I'm always sad for that. They were great this year because of all the rain earlier in the summer. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed when you mentioned that you injured your foot-- ouch!! Makes you realize how much we do in a day and take for granted.

    You had a pleasant reading month in July and a couple of titles I will be checking out further. I used to live in the Hudson Valley (moved away last year in May) and I can attest to the beautiful late summer to early fall scenery, and so much to do. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete