Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Salutations


Welcome to Sunday Salutations! 

In my life, I've been making it pretty well without cane or knee walker. Although they've been trusty and steadfast, it's been nice not to have to rely on them. The weeks seem to be going by fast, and it's hard to think of the summer coming to a close soon!

On the blog . . .

A late edition of Sunday Salutations at the beginning of the week

ForFirst Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, my selection was Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury

Thursday's post was Remarks on Recent Reads

Friday's post was a beautiful John Singer Sargent painting

My reading . . .

I have a few pages left of Madame de Treymes and Three Novellas by Edith Wharton. I'm not too far into This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart or A Finer End by Deborah Crombie, but I've read enough of both to know that they're the kind of books I'll really enjoy.

Watching . . .

What I've been watching this week has been all about British productions, and they've been really good:


I hope that you've had a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. Ah, you've been reading some of my favorites - This Rough Magic (it's been years and years) and a Deborah Crombie book. Lovely. I also like Midsomer Murders. I'm about ready to watch all those again. They are very soothing somehow. Tom Barnaby and his wife's cooking (or lack of it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Deborah Crombie's writing. My husband and I have been trying out some of the newer episodes of Midsomer after Tom has retired and he and Joyce have left Midsomer. The newer mysteries are different and still good, but it's not the same without Tom and Joyce!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I enjoy Midsomer Mysteries too. I had not heard of Clatterford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clatterford is really fun--a little drama and a lot of comedy--about life in an English village and the group of ladies who are part of the church guild. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete