Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Salutations: A Look Back at October


Hello and welcome to Sunday Salutations! October went by in a flash, it seems. I hope that it was a good month for you.

Reading and Blogging . . .

My reading has been sporadic lately. I want to read but haven't been making time for it, and I've really missed not having that time. I also have a list of reviews to write for books I've read going back to September, but I haven't felt particularly motivated to do that, either. Does this ever happen to you? I'm looking to November to change all this.

On the Blog . . .

In October, I participated in the RIP.X Challenge, hosted by the Estella Society, and read The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill and a book of Edith Wharton's ghost stories.


At the end of the month, I had a great time participating in the 1924 Club, hosted by Simon at Stuck in a Book. For this, I read Distressing Dialogues by Nancy Boyd (a.k.a. Edna St. Vincent Millay). I've had so much fun finding out about other great books published in 1924. I have a whole new TBR list!


Coming up in November, I'm taking part in Nonfiction November for the first time, and I'm going to make some decisions today about what I'm planning to read.

This year, I've been reading books for Back to the Classics Challenge, hosted by Karen at Books and Chocolate. This month, I read Broderie Anglais by Violet Trefusis.


Photos . . .

Here are a few images from a recent trip to one of my favorite places, Shaw Orchards in Stewartstown, Pennsylvania:






I hope that you had a wonderful Halloween! Onward to November!

2 comments:

  1. Monica, those are gorgeous pictures! Love them. So glad you joined in on the R.I.P. event. I thought about doing Nonfiction November, but I'm already going to be doing the Potter Binge and also reading Emma in December. Thought that might be a little much. Nonfic is not my genre of choice usually anyway, but I do listen to some of them on audio.

    And yes, I do have the 'review' blues. Don't think I'll be writing 'full' reviews anytime soon. Just a little blurb/paragraph. You might try the same to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos... all the things I love about fall! RIP was not quite as successful for me (only 1 cozy mystery). Hopefully Nonfiction November will be better :)

    ReplyDelete