Friday, June 3, 2016

An Update and Wishing You A Lovely Weekend.

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida, Promenade by the Sea, 1909
Museo Sorolla, Madrid, Spain

I wanted to pop in and say hello. It's been really quiet here for longer than I anticipated. Life has been hectic lately, and my reading life has been put on the back burner while my husband and I have gotten our house ready to put on the market. 

The big news is that my husband is retiring at the end of this month. I'm resigning from my job, and we'll be leaving our East Coast life behind to relocate to Texas! It's hard to believe that June is here, and that this is really happening! Change is kind of scary but exciting, too. 

This week, I've been able to get back to reading with Excellent Women by Barbara Pym which I really loved. I hope that all is going well with your reading. I've missed reading and blogging about books and am looking forward to getting caught up with everyone! 

I hope that you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best in your upcoming move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move! Sounds exciting. My fingers are crossed for you that it all goes smoothly and well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes with your move. I love Pym, read all her books when reissued in the 1970s-1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear from you - that is exciting news and will take up much of your time for sure. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly and you can get back to some good reading and blogging soon!

    ReplyDelete