Tuesday, April 25, 2017

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros: The Whole Town's Talking


Happy Tuesday! I hope that you're having a good week so far. The weather has been really nice in the evenings, so I've finally gotten around to working on my garden. I love Spring and being able to get my hands in the dirt. 

In looking over my bookshelves and wanting to read something with a little humor, The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg has gotten my attention. The novel was a Christmas gift and has taken the top spot on my TBR pile. 

As part of First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea, where bloggers share a bit about what they're reading or planning to read soon, I'd like to share the Prologue of The Whole Town's Talking:

"What can I tell you about the town? I suppose if you had driven through it back then, it might have looked like just another ordinary small town . . . but it wasn't. I was born and raised there, so I know exactly what I'm talking about. It wasn't a wealthy town either but we all stuck together. And when we heard what had happened to Hanna Marie, everybody was upset. We all talked about it. Everybody vowed to do something about it. But never, in our wildest dreams, would anybody have guessed who would actually be the one to do it. Or, more importantly, how they would do it. But to tell you any more at this point would spoil the surprise. And who doesn't like a good surprise? I know I do.

A Friend"

What to you think? Would you keep reading?

7 comments:

  1. I wish I felt that way about gardening. I do like to look at beautiful gardens, but I know that doesn't count. :-) I've read one of Flagg's novels and really liked it. I would continue reading this one. I hope you have a wonderful day, Monica! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a brilliant opening I can see why you chose this one to read Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fannie Flagg. Hope you enjoy this novel--and thanks for reminding me to put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one author I need to catch up on. The intro makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed several Fannie Flagg novels, so I'd definitely give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fannie Flagg's books, and this one is bookmarked for me on Amazon. I think I need to buy it soon! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete