Tuesday, May 2, 2017

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros: Falling Angels


Happy Tuesday! I'm taking part in First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea, where bloggers share a bit about what they're reading or about to read.

Last week, I visited the local library book sale and came away with lots of books, including Falling Angels. Tracy Chevalier is a new author to me, so I'm excited about starting this book soon.

From the back cover:

"Tracy Chevalier, bestselling author of Girl With a Pearl Earring, again dazzles us with an elegant and daring novel. Told through a variety of shifting perspectives--wives and husbands, friends and lovers, masters and servants, and a gravedigger's son--Falling Angels follows the fortunes of two families in the emerging years of the twentieth century."

The opening:

"January 1901

Kitty Coleman

I woke this morning with a stranger in my bed. The head of blond hair beside me was decidedly not my husband's. I did not know whether to be shocked or amused."

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

8 comments:

  1. Oh good opening! One would have to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have piqued my curiosity! I have been wanting to read this author, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “VIVIAN IN RED”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a family saga I'd enjoy reading. The opening definitely grabbed me and made me curious about the stranger in her bed... and how he got there! Love reading books set in this time period.
    My Tuesday post features Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yes a stranger in your bed in 1901 is definitely something worth finding out about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my all-time favorite books and opening lines. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I wonder who that is and what the situation is! I would definitely continue to find out. I like Chevalier's writing, having read another of her books, although not her most famous. Thanks for sharing, Monica!

    ReplyDelete